Monday, January 15, 2018

Renewed invitation to coauthorship

I posted an invitation like this some years ago, but it's time to repost it: I am generally open to coauthoring articles based on blog posts. So if you like a post, and have ideas favorable to it, and you want to coauthor a paper based on it, write me. Tell me a bit about yourself and your ideas for the piece. I would prefer it if you knew the literature (which I often don't know very well--the blog posts are in all sorts of areas, including areas that I don't do active research in, and it wouldn't surprise me if many of them were rehashing ideas that were well known).

In the interests of full disclosure, I should say that last fall, I had two failed projects of this sort. In one, my coauthor, after about two drafts, found a fatal objection to the main argument. In the other, I found a fatal objection to the main argument. Alas, blog posts don't always materialize into good arguments.

No comments: